Tuesday 5 August 2014

Get some perspective



Life can be hard, (no duh Belle, state the obvious) but I often find myself forgetting that struggles and hard times are all a part of the plan that God has laid out for us. Often I’ll be really struggling with something and I often find myself praying, 'God please stop this, it's too much.' But when I look back on that situation later I have this moment of just 'GOD IS SOOOOOO GOOD’ because often the hardest parts of my life have led to amazing things happening! 



Recently I've been in a production, & an actor’s job in rehearsal is to pretty much do what the director says. So when I'm struggling with something I take a step back and I get some perspective. God is like the director. He has planned the whole show out before the actor has even stood on the stage, God planned out our entire lives before we were even born. The director takes charge of the whole show; the lights, the sound, the costumes, the casting, making sure there's a person in the dressing rooms to keep your sanity intact. The director has control over these things so that the show goes as smoothly as possible. Same as God puts people in place & has everything sorted so you can fufil his plans to the best of your ability. 



when your really close up in a situation, it can be really hard to see whats really going on...
The movie ‘Soul Surfer’ which is an adaption of Bethany Hamilton’s story, Bethany was an up and coming professional surfer. At 13 her arm was bitten off by a shark while she was surfing. Bethany, after conquering many obstacles, is now once again a pro surfer living an amazing and inspiring life.  In the movie they made, her youth leader says:

 “When you’re really close up in a situation it can be really hard to see what’s really going on, stand back and get some perspective.”  

And she’s right, if you’re looking at something really close up, it’s not always easy to see what it is. So trust that God has a plan for even the hardest of moments in your life! :)

... So stand back and get some perspective


Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future"


Romans 8:28
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose




No comments:

Post a Comment